[Catalyst] Do you dojo?

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 22:45:38 CEST 2006

On 02/06/06, Toby Corkindale <toby at ymogen.net> wrote:

> But how do I, for example, implement an auto-completing select list?
> (a-la Prototype)
>
> The example in Dojo just loads a URL, but doesn't seem to pass the
> text-so-far to it. How do you get it to do that?

When you set the "DataURL", if that string contains "%{searchString}",
that'll be replaced with what's been typed.
Example: if the DataURL is set to "/foo.cgi?usertyped=%{searchString}"
then the "usertyped" parameter in foo.cgi will contain whatever the user typed.

I've made a start on incorporating some of the widgets into an
extension to HTML-Widget, but have been side tracked the past couple
weeks. The code-so-far is here:
http://oook.de/svn/trunk/HTML-Widget-Dojo/

I will though have at least a couple hours this week to spend on
alien-dojo / html-dojo / html-widget-dojo goodness!

Carl