[Catalyst] setting/getting session data from within tests

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 19:00:37 CEST 2006

but sometimes you have to, to get a reasonable level of usability ... eg:

In my app, the user selects his language. Either language is stored in
the session once selected, or you make him select anew every visit,
and pass the value back and fore every request. My current
implementation of engoi does this, but it's not pretty.

Same for any app where you have a members system with a persistent login.

Anyhow, I'm thinking that there is a persistent store for this
*somewhere* under the guts of cat. It's just a case of making an
interface to it which is accessible to the test framework.

(goes digging.)