[Catalyst] ConfigLoader + Devel::Cover

Eden Cardim edencardim at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 19:51:58 CEST 2006

Greetings everyone,

I've been having a minor problem using Devel::Cover in a project
alongside Catalyst. When I collect coverage from make test via
'HARNESS_PERL_SWITCHES=-MDevel::Cover make test' the ConfigLoader
plugin fails to load the extensions for XML, YAML, etc. which results
in the application not being configured and fails to run. I poked
around a bit and found that if the -blib switch is explicitly
activated (the doc says it's activated by default whenever a blib dir
is present), coverage is collected but the tests aren't ignored for
some reason, this leads to excessive run time for the coverage
collection and has become quite annoying. Am I doing something wrong
or could this be a bug in Devel::Cover or ConfigLoader?