[Catalyst] How create a PDF report?

Andrew Ford A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk
Fri Jun 9 12:37:04 CEST 2006

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com wrote:
> catalyst-bounces at lists.rawmode.org wrote on 06/08/2006 09:23:10 AM:
>

>> Christian Sánchez wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I'm been using Catalyst recently to make a little application and
>>> I want to create a PDF report, I have it using TT, Is there a way to
>>> make it in PDF format?. I was reading the documentation but I didn't
>>> found (or maybe didn't see ) something about that, I also search in
>>> CPAN but I didn't see some module or plugin for this. How can I do
>>> this? Is there a module or documentation about this?.
>>>
>> Have you looked at PDF::Template?
>>
> Or if you are comfortable with Latex...
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~andrewf/Template-Latex-2.16/lib/Template/Latex.pm

Note that Template-Latex currently only runs latex (or pdflatex) once on
the source, which  means that features like table of contents and
forward references, which require repeated runs, will not work, neither
will it run bibtex or makeindex, so you don't get bibliographies or an
index.  That said pdflatex can generate very nice PDFs  -- I have
typeset an illustrated cookery book with LaTeX, generating camera ready
copy that was used directly by our publisher's printers, and we also
generate nicely typeset price lists with Catalyst, DBI and TT2.

I have just taken over as maintainer of the module and will be adding
functionality (that I had as a patch to an earlier version of TT2) to
run bibtex and makeindex if it is detected that they are needed, and to
re-run latex to resolve forward references and table of contents.  I
hope to have a new version out in a week or so which will be "all
singing and dancing".

Regards
Andrew

--
Andrew Ford,  Director    Pauntley Prints / Ford & Mason Ltd
A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk   South Wing Compton House