[Catalyst] Where to put template files?

Andrew Ford A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk
Fri Jun 9 17:54:57 CEST 2006

Matt S Trout wrote:
> John Napiorkowski wrote:
>
>> I think my project for tomorrow is to change all my
>> YAML files to something like this :) --john
>>

> New thread started so we can argue about the One True Config format.

No its not about "One True Config Format", but rather about one
goddamnawful format.  I actually had a client complain about the YAML
configuration file; they had to change the database username and
password in the file and screwed up the format, hadn't made a backup and
part of their production website was down for several hours until they
contacted me.  I changed the application to read a windows .ini file and
they were happy (well they weren't too happy about the time the
application was down).

I don't mind about XML files -- I'm sure the client could have worked
out the pattern -- or other straightforwardly comprehensible formats,
but the clients were totally flumoxed by YAML, and they needed to have
the ability to change some configuration parameters.

To my mind if the users have problems with some aspect of a system then
its a design flaw.

> Hey, it's friday afternoon :)

Yep.

Andrew

--
Andrew Ford,  Director    Pauntley Prints / Ford & Mason Ltd
A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk   South Wing Compton House