[Catalyst] YAML vs. *

phaylon phaylon at dunkelheit.at
Fri Jun 9 18:01:12 CEST 2006

Matt S Trout said:

> Config::General -
>
> <View TT>
>    INCLUDE_PATH __path_to('root')__
> </View>

A ++ on this, seems pretty flexible. But can it be auto-generated, altered
by the application without hassle?

> JSON -
>
> {
>      INCLUDE_PATH: "__path_to('root')__"
>    }
> }

I'll give this a ++ because of it's serialization abilities and a + for
it's style.

> INI-style -

> INCLUDE_PATH=__path_to('root')__

INI-Style is the only one I really, really hate. It's IMO less readable
and I still have mental scars from building parsers for it in BASIC.

> What do you all think, then? (/me dons asbestos suit, waits for the holy
> war to start :)

If C::G can be serialized, I'd prefer it, if not, then I'd go for JSON.