[Catalyst] YAML vs. *

Thomas Nagel me at thomasnagel.com
Fri Jun 9 18:21:03 CEST 2006

Matt S Trout schrieb:
> I love YAML as a serialisation format for data transfer, but so far as stuff
> like config files that are designed for human write / machine read, I
> personally think it sucks. Massively.

I agree but what about something like:

  { INCLUDE_PATH => [__PACKAGE__->path_to('tt2/content'),
                     __PACKAGE__->path_to('tt2/lib')    ],
    WRAPPER      => [qw/html layout/],
    PRE_PROCESS  => [qw/config macros design/],

Although INI style is my preferred format, the above is definitely not
easy to formulate that way or am I missing something?

And XML and JSON seem to be a little bit too 'noisy' to me ...

-Thomas