[Catalyst] How create a PDF report?

ryan lauterbach ryan at radianit.com
Fri Jun 9 20:19:45 CEST 2006

catalyst-bounces at lists.rawmode.org wrote on 06/09/2006 05:37:04 AM:
> [...]
I did something similar a while back, I didn't know about Latex or any
other PDF generation method.  Just used htmldoc to process the the html
output from TT:

... in your controller

  # generate the html body
 $c->forward( $c->view('TT') );

   # write to tmp file as I couldn't get my version of htmldoc to work
correctly from STDIN
    my $tmp = "/tmp/pdf_tmp.$$.html";
    open F, ">$tmp" or die "Can't write: $!";
    print F $c->res->body;
    close F;

    $c->res->header('Content-Type' => 'application/pdf');
    $c->res->header('Content-Disposition' => qq[inline;
filename="$filename"]);
    open PDF, '-|', (qw</usr/bin/htmldoc --quiet>, @args, qw<
        --charset iso-8859-1 --footer .1. --size a4 --format pdf14
        --portrait --size a4 --format pdf14 --portrait --webpage>, $tmp)
        or die "Open: $!";

    local $/;
    my $out = <PDF>;
    close PDF;