[Catalyst] keeping multiple Catalyst applications up to date

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Mon Jun 12 03:40:59 CEST 2006

* Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> [2006-06-12 02:55]:
> It's not hard though - just configure CPAN to send EUMM *and*
> MB stuff to a common area and futz PERL5LIB appropriately.

Yes, I know. It just takes doing it a bunch of times to figure
out all the things that need doing to make it work… which is
exactly what someone new to the subject or not heavily invested
in it hasn’t done (and maybe won’t really, either). And while 10
minutes per project might not be worth automating for you, in
aggregate across many people, that still makes a worthwhile
savings, without even counting that it’s going to be more than 10
minutes for someone less experienced.

So maybe also annotate the scripts with some directions on how to
set up the env config properly? Just having such a list of steps
posted somewhere would be useful for people who haven’t already
found out how to do it for themselves. And with that in hand, as
I said, someone could have a go at automating it.

Regards,