[Catalyst] keeping multiple Catalyst applications up to date

Allen S. Rout asr at ufl.edu
Mon Jun 12 21:14:15 CEST 2006

>> On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 02:00:15 +0200, "A. Pagaltzis" <pagaltzis at gmx.de> said:

> Just note that the more environments there are, the more porting
> from one to the other you'll be doing. The friction is just about
> bearable with 3 environments. Beyond that, you waste significant
> amounts of effort on managing the setup.

I'd suggest that it ought to be technically effortless to transfer an
app from region A to region B.  Yeah, you need to write some code to
do it, but the -operational- complexity shouldn't scale with the
number of regions.  How much effort does it take to deploy a new copy
of a properly built WAR or EAR?

Knowing your app well enough to do this is also useful when you want
to be sure you've backed it up.

- Allen S. Rout