[Catalyst] RFC on how to structure controllers

Gert Burger gburger at mweb.co.za
Tue Jun 13 11:49:07 CEST 2006

Hi

I would like some ideas on how todo the following in cat.

I am in the process of designing a webapp that will allow online
gamers(Specificly players in ZA) to interact for a select few games.
Ie. There will be sections which will be common to each game, just
slightly customized for the game.

My problem is, how do I make sure my controllers know which game they
are currently working on, some of my ideas included:
-Using cookies to store the currently selected game.
-Using get/post params to send it each time a request is made.
-Using the game as part of the url, eg
http://bla/games/ageofempires3/gamebooking, this will complicate the
controller's methods a bit as each method will be a regex.
-Or(not) creating a child controller for each game that inherits from a
base game controller.

Any ideas?

Gert Burger