[Catalyst] RFC on how to structure controllers

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 04:36:13 CEST 2006

I'd add one caveat to this, that you should also try
to make the URI's meaningful and with the intention of
being long lived.  So I'd avoid having a URL that
contains a session string in it, since that URL is not
really something that can be bookmarked.

Personally the only thing I use sessions and cookies
for is as part of the authentication process.  I wish
I could use http authentication but unfortunately it's
still too primative (Basic is too easy to break with
https and Digest doesn't seem to have wide support)
and for some reason my clients all want fancy login
screens.

Off topic, but I think it would be great if there was
some sort of plugin to direct the view to some sort of
error page based on the status code you set?  Apache
does this and it would be great if catalyst did it as
well.

--john