[Catalyst] RFC on how to structure controllers

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Wed Jun 14 18:06:41 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 11:49 +0200, Gert Burger wrote:
> -Using cookies to store the currently selected game.

Be careful.  If you put it in the cookie, or into a session keyed off
the cookie, you will not be able to have users open multiple browser
tabs with separate games in them.  Anything that you want to allow to be
different between browser tabs/windows must be in the URLs.

> -Using the game as part of the url, eg
> http://bla/games/ageofempires3/gamebooking

I've sometimes found it handy to use relative URLs and let the browser
do all that work.  Once you are on a URL under
http://bla/games/ageofempires3/, a link to "gamebooking" will maintain
the rest of the URL with no effort on your part.

- Perrin