[Catalyst] session data not always saved?

Nathan Kurz nate at verse.com
Fri Jun 16 15:13:08 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 10:26:17AM +0200, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> * Nathan Kurz <nate at verse.com> [2006-06-16 03:00]:
> >     $c->response->status(204);
> >     $c->response->body( '204 Not Changed' );
>
> This has nothing to do with your question, but are you sure you
> don???t mean 304 there? 204 is ???No Content??? and is the code that
> should be returned for PUT or DELETE requests???

I think this is what I want.  I have a POST form submission for which
I want the browser to keep the current page displayed.  I can't do it
as a XmlHttpRequest because it's cross-domain, so I'm doing it as a
dynamically generated form with an automatic submission.

I think what I'm doing is according to spec (although maybe I need to
omit the body), but I haven't tested it with many real world browsers
yet.  If there are known problems, or some better way to accomplish
this (cross-domain, no length restrictions) I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks!

Nathan Kurz
nate at verse.com