[Catalyst] Database schema -- Can't locate object method "new" via package

Sarah Berry berry.sarah at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 20:51:52 CEST 2006

On 6/16/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:

> Sarah Berry wrote:
> > Matt,
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestions. But
> >
> > my $schema = $c->model("SLogDB")->schema;
> >
> > gives me
> >
> > Caught exception in vieSEB::Controller::dbixdemo->default "Can't
> > locate object method "schema" via package "vieSEB::Model::SensorLogDB"
>
> SLogDB vs. SensorLogDB => confused. what's going on?

My bad. They should both be the same -- SensorLogDB. (I had been shortening
it to SLogDB in previous emails to keep things generic, but that probably
does more harm than good.)

> As far as the classes, "tblsmaps" is the name of a table in the
> > database that contains information on the location of sensors. I'm
> > trying to search this table, which was set up by the schema loader if
> > I did that part right (which is far from certain).
>
> Have a look at what models Catalyst tells you you've got on startup ...

When I run the vieSEB_server.pl script, I see this table. Is that where I
should be looking?

.-------------------------------------------------------------------+----------.
| Class                                                             |
Type     |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+----------+
| vieSEB::Controller::dbixdemo                                      |
instance |
| vieSEB::Controller::demo                                          |
instance |
| vieSEB::Controller::first                                         |
instance |
| vieSEB::Controller::nightdemo                                     |
instance |
| vieSEB::Model::SensorLogDB                                        |
class    |
| vieSEB::View::TT                                                  |
instance |

thanks,
Sarah