[Catalyst] Database schema -- Can't locate object method "new" via package

John SJ Anderson genehack at genehack.org
Fri Jun 16 22:20:39 CEST 2006

"Sarah Berry" <berry.sarah at gmail.com> writes:

>    Can anyone point me towards some resources?

  It sounds like you might want to grab the SVN version of the tutorial
  and work through that. It doesn't take long (less than a day), and it
  will give you a much better idea how DBIx::Class fits into Catalyst,
  how authentication and authorization work, and how to do basic CRUD
  stuff (as well as several other topics).

  You can get it by using SVN like so:

svn co http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/Catalyst/trunk/Catalyst/lib/Catalyst/Manual

  Or use a web browser to look at:

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/browser/trunk/Catalyst/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Tutorial

  I've been messing around with Cat fora while, and have even given a
  talk on it to the local Perl group -- and after working through the
  tutorial, my overall understanding of the structure of the whole
  "Catalyst experience" is a lot better, and it's much easier to work
  around speedbumps when I hit them.

chrs,
john.
--
"Participating in the newest communications technologies becomes
compulsory if you want to remain part of the culture."