[Catalyst] PHP::View and Template::Toolkit

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Tue Jun 20 13:53:58 CEST 2006

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 07:26:59 -0400, mnichols at mojosoft.org wrote:

> I have a Template toolkit working and and a PHP view working.  I would
> like to be able to use the template toolkit then pass to PHP or vise
> versa.  It was suggested that this could be done on irc, I have made
> some attempts at this with no luck.  I simply tried to forward on to
> the two views but of course as soon as I forward to one thats it. I
> tried to use the render and/or process instead of a forward but
> without any luck.

What are you trying to achieve? I don't know what your problem is,
or what solution you are trying to solve it with, so it's very hard
to answer.

Several possible solutions you are trying:

	process with one view, then reprocess with another view treating
	the result of the previous view as a template

	process with one view, then process with another view treating
	the result of the previous view as a variable

	process with one view, and if that fails try a different one

Please try to describe this more accurately.

> $c->stash->{template}="template.with.php.tt"
> $c->forward("TToolkit::View");
> $c->forward("PHP::View");

It looks like you have the package names wrong. What is the full
name of e.g. PHP::View? YourApp::View::PHP::View? or
YourApp::View::PHP?

General style note:

	$c->forward( $c->view("TToolkit") ); # forward to component object

> If anyone has a better understanding of what catalyst does in the view
> layer and might know how to solve this would be appreciated.

Views are specialized controllers.

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>
http://nothingmuch.woobling.org  0xEBD27418