[Catalyst] Path handling inconsistencies?

Mark Blythe list at markblythe.com
Thu Jun 22 09:08:51 CEST 2006

I'm seeing a difference in how paths are handled when running under the test
server (myapp_server.pl) vs lighttpd/FastCGI.  For instance, I have an
action defined as:

sub bar : Regex('^foo/(\d+)/bar/(\d+)$') {
}

It's supposed to take two numeric ID's in the URL.  If I test with the
following URL:

http://localhost:3000/foo/1/bar/2

It works in both the dev server and FastCGI.  I see the following line in
debug output:

[Wed Jun 21 23:50:22 2006] [catalyst] [debug] "GET" request for
"foo/1/bar/2" from "192.168.0.100"

However, if I add a trailing slash to the URL:

http://localhost:3000/foo/1/bar/2/

It works in the dev server, but *not* in FastCGI.  Somehow, this causes it
not to match.  I get this puzzling entry in the FastCGI debug output:

[Wed Jun 21 23:53:18 2006] [catalyst] [debug] "GET" request for "" from "
192.168.0.100"

Any ideas where to start looking for the problem?  I'd guess in one of the
Catalyst::Engine modules, but a first stab at debugging didn't turn up
anything obvious.  I did try removing the trailing $ from my action regex,
but it made no difference.

Help!