[Catalyst] C::P::PageCache patch for reducing duplicate processing

Toby Corkindale toby at ymogen.net
Fri Jun 23 12:27:34 CEST 2006

Matt S Trout wrote:
> Toby Corkindale wrote:
>> Hi,
>> There's a patch attached for Catalyst::Plugin::PageCache.
>> (It's not final, but more a "request for comments" on it so far. In
>> particular, some better way than using flock())
>
> Why not just use pid+tid and a cache key set/get to see if you're the one
> doing the building ...

The waiting-processes needed to be able to sleep until the
builder-process was finished. So, I wanted some form of IPC that allowed
the equivelent of select(). I don't think I could do that with
Cache::FastMmap though? (Well, one could select() on the cache file
itself, but that would be triggered on *every* cache write, not just the
cache key you were waiting upon)

But if Wade's suggestion, which avoids the need to block, was used, it
would make sense to use it.

cheers
Toby