[Catalyst] development setup

Carl Johnstone catalyst at fadetoblack.me.uk
Fri Jun 23 14:53:15 CEST 2006

Hi,

At work we're looking at using catalyst for some new developments, and would
like a development setup that's similar to our existing mod-perl setup.

We currently have a central apache/mod_perl server, that then loads htdocs
from each of the developers/designers as neccessary. We use Apache::Registry
rather than writing handlers in modules, so those are picked up
automatically. What modules we do have are loaded up as needed for
development, with the apache child process quitting at the end of the
request cycle.

The result is easy for me as webmaster to maintain the server config so it's
the same for everybody and consistant with the live servers. Without having
to deal with different OSes (Windows/Mac/and Linux) paths and other problems
to do with setting up individual machines.

Now everything I've seen about catalyst development is geared towards the
developer running their own server and developing on their own machine.
Anybody got any suggestions on getting a catalyst setup running along the
same lines as above?

Thanks

Carl