[Catalyst] Database schema -- Can't locate object method "new" via package

Sarah Berry berry.sarah at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 17:49:16 CEST 2006

I think I've got it working! I'll post my solution in a bit here. Many
thanks to Brandon for pointing out some syntax errors and showing me which
plugin I hadn't installed.

My problem now is building the queries. How can I see what SQL code is being
generated for me? According to the tutorial John so kindly pointed me
towards, the SQL that was used should be output by script/myapp_server.pl,
but that only gives me errors like

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near '= 'Date' ) OR ( select COUNT 'Date' ) ) ) ORDER BY
sensorid' at line 1 at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 516.

and not the whole query.

~ Sarah