[Catalyst] [announce] Catalyst 5.70 developer release.

Lars Balker Rasmussen lars at balker.dk
Wed Jun 28 23:15:32 CEST 2006

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 01:50:25PM -0700, Derek Poon wrote:
> Please be consistent with the number of digits in the versioning
> scheme.  While it may be easy for humans to guess that 5.7001 comes
> before 5.80, packaging tools like RPM and APT could easily get
> confused.  While such problems could be worked around by using tricks
> like epoch numbers, it would be best to avoid the headache altogether
> with a sane versioning scheme.

This is indeed the point of the discourse below, although some of it
may have been left out as I've previously convinced Matt on irc.

(FreeBSD ports will indeed complain loudly about 5.6902 -> 5.70, and I
don't have the physique for jumping through hoops.)

--
Lars Balker Rasmussen                                        Consult::Perl