[Catalyst] FastCGI is Weak Sauce

Hugh Lampert hlampert at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 30 20:57:31 CEST 2006

A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> * Perrin Harkins <perrin at elem.com> [2006-06-29 23:20]:
>
>> Silly complaint or not, people running mod_perl already have
>> this covered, since the normal mode of deployment is to run a
>> static web server and proxy via HTTP over to a mod_perl server
>> for all dynamic stuff, i.e. exactly what he's trying to build
>> for Ruby.

Is that really the normal mode of deployment?  Is that for high traffic
apps?  I was planning on having only Apache server for all content,
static and dynamic (since I'm writing a small departmental intranet web
app).  Is it really necessary to have two servers to make a Catalyst app
work well?

-- Hugh