[Catalyst] Catalyst at NFSHost (Was: How can we parse the path in catalyst)

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 05:31:59 CET 2006

On 2/28/06, Sebastian Riedel <sri at oook.de> wrote:
> Looks like you are using plain old CGI, switch to FastCGI or mod_perl
> for a lightning fast setup. ;)

Yes, I'd sure do that if I could. Even the built-in server seems to be
better than plain old CGI.

But as some people already "kindly" noted, it's not supported at
NFSHost. Either way, it's really cheap hosting (I paid 2 cents last
month) and I'm really glad they even have Catalyst installed.

It's a great host for prototyping or maybe even running a really low
budget application that expects low traffic and doesn't need a very
good response time (i.e. it's not a chat room that needs almost
real-time response to be usable ;) ).

But it's a great thing that Catalyst even runs under plain CGI. The
folks at NFSHost doesn't have Rails available because it seems to
*require* something like fastcgi or the like.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.