[Catalyst] New Root Controller in Catalyst 5.66

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 05:39:58 CET 2006

On 3/1/06, Sebastian Riedel <sri at oook.de> wrote:
> This is another best practice promoted to be part of core, it will
> eliminate namespace collisions like for the famous "login" action in
> combination with auth plugins. ;)

This change is great for those who started using Catalyst.
I got somewhat frustrated when I spent something like half an hour (or
more) trying to figure out what was wrong with my application only to
then think about that "login" action. I now feel glad to know it's a
common mistake and you're trying to encourage best practices against
it.

I just wonder. With the advent of YAML configuration files and this
Root controller, the base application class will be pretty much empty,
right? Or is there something else people usually put in there?

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.