[Catalyst] html-widget bug or design?

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 13:38:50 CET 2006

There are a couple of behaviours I'm not keen on, are they intended,
and would patches 'fixing' them be accepted?

When I set an elements' value to zero, it's not set in the output xml.

When I set an elements' label to the empty string, it's not set in the
output xml.

Also, I'd like an accessor to retrieve an element by name, so that I
don't have to store them all as they're created.
The elements are stored internally in html-widget as a list, meaning
multiple items can share the same name.
What would be the most sane behaviour of such an accessor?

If there's only one by that name, return it.
If there's more that one, return a list in array context, an array-ref
in scalar context.
??

Cheers,
Carl