[Catalyst] New Root Controller in Catalyst 5.66

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Mar 1 15:16:49 CET 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 01:27:28PM +0000, Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 06:00:01AM +0100, Sebastian Riedel wrote:
> > The application class was from the beginning just meant as a place to
> > interact with Catalyst "internals", load plugins, configure the app
> > and the like.
>
> And of course, your $c for each request is blessed into that class by
> default (unless you set __PACkAGE__->context_class to something else).

Is it expected that all extensions would be in the form of plugins?
For common code that doesn't fit into plugins (or I'm too lazy to
write a plugin for) I've been throwing it into my app base class.  Is
that not considered a good practice?

    moseley at bumby:~/MyApp/lib$ fgrep 'sub ' MyApp.pm

    sub ajax_search : Private {
    sub auto : Private {
    sub default : Private {
    sub end : Global {