[Catalyst] mod_fastcgi strange issues

Michele Beltrame mb at italpro.net
Wed Mar 1 20:55:07 CET 2006

Hello!

After a lot of development using the CGI script, I decided to have my
Catalyst application run under mod_fastcgi. I installed everything and
I'm using the appropriate script. Everything works but there's a very
strange problem: sometimes I get data which is not updated, even if it's
being read from a MySQL database where it IS updated.

For instance, let's say I access my Catalyst web site and using web
forms I change a value in the MySQL database from 1 to 2. After changing
it, the page where I display that value shows me either 1 or 2 in an
apparently random manner. However, the value in the database was
correctly changed to 2.

I presume this problem has to do with caching, but I don't understand
how I can get rid of it.

	Thanks, Michele.

--
Michele Beltrame