[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::Prototype / HTML::Prototype issues

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 21:30:20 CET 2006

Hello folks,

This really isn't a Catalyst issue per se, but I figured it was
appropriate to post this here.

The HTML::Prototype method text_field_with_auto_complete() doesn't
seem to work at all. I don't exactly know why it didn't. I tried
looking at the source code and the first thing I noticed is that it
expects different parameters than those listed at the documentation:

my ( $self, $object, $method, $tag_options, $completion_options ) = @_;

against:

$prototype->text_field_with_auto_complete($method, [\%tag_options],
[\%completion_options])

so the documentation might need some patching.

After that I tried to figure out exactly what $object and $method
means (which is also not clear by the existing docs). But couldn't do
it.

I ended up hand-calling the appropriate methods instead which gives me
almost zero benefit from using it, so I might as well just switch to
pure-Javascript use.

If there's something blatantly obvious that I missed, I'd be glad to
know. Any further help would also be appreciated.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.