[Catalyst] Maintaining updated and created timestamps indatabase

Alan Humphrey alan.humphrey at comcast.net
Thu Mar 2 16:47:43 CET 2006

<snip>
No matter which of the three you use, once you have a database created
(which is a task external to Catalyst), using them from Catalyst should be
virtually identical.

-- Brandon
</snip>

I can verify this.  My app hits two implementations of the same database
schema.  One is MySQL, the other MSSQL.  The only database specific issue
that I've had to deal with is the way the underlying databases deal with the
default values of datetime columns.  As long as you avoid implementation
specific features you should be able to move between databases with ease.