[Catalyst] Maintaining updated and created timestamps in database

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Mar 2 18:14:18 CET 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 05:42:24PM +0100, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> * Brandon Black <blblack at gmail.com> [2006-03-02 15:35]:
> >SQLite can be easier to work with because it's easier to set up,
> >but it will fall short on features.
>
> You mean obscure stuff like subselects, views and transactions
> which MySQL supports? :-)

SQLite supports those. The fun part is things like the lack of a multi-argument
DISTINCT operator, which annoys the living fuck out of me (although DBIC does
it's best to work round it).

And of course the complicated trigger lunacy you have to apply in lieu of it
actually respecting foreign key constraints - but that's a whole different
rant, and not exactly on-topic here.