[Catalyst] Is C::M::CDBI::Plain deprecated? (ignore previous post)

Len Jaffe lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com
Thu Mar 2 19:26:17 CET 2006

--- Brian Kirkbride
<brian.kirkbride at deeperbydesign.com> wrote:

> I am in the process of porting an app to Catalyst
> from a simple framework of my own.
> I have a number of existing Class::DBI models that I
> want to reuse and it looked
> like C::M::CDBI::Plain was the way to do that:
>
>           # FROM THE POD
>           # use existing CDBI classes within
> Catalyst:
>           package MyApp::Model::Artist; # a Catalyst
> class
>           use base qw[Catalyst::Model::CDBI::Plain
> Some::Other::Artist];
>           1; # That's it

I've trimmed a lot of your post.  I won't address
every bit individually, but I'm also using
CDBI::plain.  I have been unable to get CDBI::plain
and catalyst to recognize my existing CDBI classes, so
I have all of my methods in my app::M::CDBI classes.
I also don't have the code in front of me so I can't
provide source code now.  But I'd like to correspond,
eiher on list or off, sicne we iconoclasts are a dying
breed.

It's kind of a bummer that the catalyst examples are
all moving to a new ORM, just as I'm finally
comfortable with CDBI :-)  I'm also a little concerned
abotu finding kwalitee hosting that will have support
for DBIC, but that's an issue for later when the app
is finished.

L.

Leonard A. Jaffe     lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com
Leonard Jaffe Computer Systems Consulting Ltd.
Columbus, OH, USA 614-404-4214 F: 530-380-7423