[Catalyst] I cannot install Catalyst::Model::CDBI

David Rio Deiros drio at console.net
Fri Mar 3 00:23:49 CET 2006

Hi there,

I asked this in #catalyst but we couldn't find out what was going
on . I thought that maybe someone could help me here since I am
going to be posting all the detailed information about the problem.

I wrote a relatively simple catalyst application that has
a couple of controllers. I also have two tables and I used
the CDBI helper for creating the Model.

Obviously in order to use the CDBI helper I had to install
it first in my perl distribution. I did it without problems.

So, I developed the application pretty fast (I had some issues
but you guys helped me out with them).

The development machine is:
Linux 2.6.13
perl, v5.8.7
gcc-3.3.6

Now, I want to run that application in a solaris box with:

SunOS 5.8
perl v5.8.3
gcc 2.95.3

I installed catalyst without problems and some other helpers
(static and formvalid.. ). The problems come when I try to
install the CDBI helper, the CPAN shell complains telling me:

Class::DBI defines neither package nor VERSION--version check
failed at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/version/vpp.pm line 399.

I have checked the versions of CLass::DBI and version in both machines
(Dev and production) and they are the same.

Here you have the perl output when I try to run the server without the
CDBI helper:

nrala2:~/catalyst/radio_advertising $ ./script/radio_advertising_server.pl
WARNING: You don't seem to have a mime-info database.
The shared-mime-info package is available from
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fshared_2dmime_2dinfo
Use of uninitialized value in numeric ge (>=) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/File/MimeInfo/Magic.pm line 141.
Couldn't load "radio_advertising::Model::CDBI", "Base class package "Catalyst::Model::CDBI" is empty.
    (Perhaps you need to 'use' the module which defines that package first.)
 at /export/home/drio/catalyst/radio_advertising/script/../lib/radio_advertising/Model/CDBI.pm line 4
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /export/home/drio/catalyst/radio_advertising/script/../lib/radio_advertising/Model/CDBI.pm line 4.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/Module/Pluggable/Fast.pm line 82.
" at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/Module/Pluggable/Fast.pm line 84.
Compilation failed in require at ./script/radio_advertising_server.pl line 49.

Any idea?

Thanks,

David