[Catalyst] Is C::M::CDBI::Plain deprecated? (ignore previous post)

Simon Wilcox simonw at digitalcraftsmen.net
Fri Mar 3 09:13:08 CET 2006

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, Sebastian Riedel wrote:

> "kwalitee hosting" for Catalyst would at least provide Task::Catalyst
> (and keep it updated).

Given the speed of change, the inconsistency of interfaces between
different versions and the high likelihood of app breakage I would argue
that a "kwalitee" host for Catalyst would do no such thing.

I would suggest a FastCGI environment with a custom perl for each user
that has local lib paths to the users' home directory so that they can
more easily control their non-core packages without trampling all over
the other users of the machine.

There are probably loads of problems with this approach but I am a bit
caffeine light this morning :-)

Simon.