[Catalyst] error running script/app_server.pl

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at fcc.ro
Sun Mar 5 10:27:18 CET 2006

From: "Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior" <acid06 at gmail.com>

> On 3/4/06, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at fcc.ro> wrote:
> > Did I make something wrong? Or what could be the problem?
>
> Try moving your "end" method to your root controller instead of
> defining it in your view. That might help.
>
> I think Catalyst actions aren't supposed to exist inside the view or
> the model, only inside the controller. That's the thing about MVC.
>
> -Nilson Santos F. Jr.

Ok, I have corrected the application, and now when running
scripts/tutorial_server.pl

it works but it gives 3 warnings:

Subroutine File::Slurp::O_RDWR redefined at E:/usr/site/lib/File/Slurp.pm
line 7
Subroutine File::Slurp::O_CREAT redefined at E:/usr/site/lib/File/Slurp.pm
line 7
Subroutine File::Slurp::O_EXCL redefined at E:/usr/site/lib/File/Slurp.pm
line 7

The page http://localhost:3000/ is displayed correctly, but if I try to see
http://localhost:3000/users/greet nothing is displayed. No error, nothing
printed on the screen.

The greet.tt file is found, because if I move it in another location the
program  prints an error telling that the file was not found.
So there might be a problem reading the template file correctly and this
might have something to do with the File::Slurp module.

I have tried reinstalling this module, but nothing happend. It still gives
those 3 warnings and the page is not displayed.

Thanks.