[Catalyst] fastcgi restart

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 12:01:19 CET 2006

On 06/03/06, Michele Beltrame <mb at italpro.net> wrote:

> > There is a fastcgi option that makes fastcgi check the main script's
> > timestamp on every hit, and it recompiles (restarts) the program if
> > the script has changed.
>
> Which isn't that useful with Catalyst of course, since the main scripts
> almost always lies there unmodified. ;-)

I find it very useful; there's very little overhead in stat'ing only 1
file, and if you do make changes, it's simple to `touch fastcgi.pl`.

Of course, you don't really want to have to do that as part of your
coding cycle, so if you really needed to run under fastcgi while
coding, then set the 'max-runs' (or whatever it's called) to 1.

Carl