[Catalyst] DBIC model and mpm_winnt threads in MP2.0 Engine

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Mar 7 20:28:58 CET 2006

Thomas Hartman wrote:
> Does this happen on all web servers, or just apache on Win2003? Or
> just servers with... <insert problem condition here>?

Under Class::DBI, anything that forks or spawns threads is subject to this
screw-up.

Under DBIx::Class, forking is (we hope) covered but thread spawning isn't yet.

Most people seem not to use threaded apaches for mod_perl due to the Sheer
Unbridled Joy of thread-safety, especially in the case of DBDs. OTOH, it would
probably be simple enough to sort out by patterning off the Storage::DBI code
that handles forking - but that's a conversation to have on the dbix-class
list, I think (and if somebody cares to send a test case there I'm sure we
could have it done in no time :)