[Catalyst] Notes on installing lighttpd and FastCGI for Catalyst

John Wang johncwang at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 08:01:22 CET 2006

On 3/7/06, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:

> What the advantage of running multiple FastCGI process managers on the
> same machine?

I'm not sure there is any. A few RoR posts had lighty calling multiple
FastCGI sockets but perhaps those are tied to a single FastCGI process a
piece, I didn't look too closely. I'm not sure if it's a worthwhile
configuration but included it just for completeness. If there's no reason
for it, I'll remove it.

My primary interest is in the load-balanced TCP config which isn't covered
in the C::E::FastCGI POD at the moment, but perhaps it can be included.

John