[Catalyst] C::P::A::Store::DBIC and Schema support

John SJ Anderson genehack at genehack.org
Fri Mar 10 00:59:05 CET 2006

Alex Kavanagh <alex at tinwood.homelinux.org> writes:

> I guess this is quite reasonable!  I've now tried all (I think)
> combinations of my Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema and
> DBIx::Class::Schema derived classes and sub-class strings in
> 'dbic_model' and can't get resultset to give me anything back - i.e. I
> can't get the trunk version to work.

  This still seems to be broken, or at least I can't decipher what I
  should be putting in the config to get it to work.

  I'm trying to convert an app that was using DBIx::Class to
  DBIx::Class::Schema. I have

MyApp::Schema       isa DBIx::Class::Schema
MyApp::Schema::Base isa DBIx::Class
MyApp::Schema::User isa MyApp::Schema::Base
(several other MyApp::Schema::* isa MyApp::Schema::Base too)

MyApp::Model::DBIC isa Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema

  and I've tried several things for the authentication->dbic config, all
  of which give various errors. The most frequent one is

Can't call method "search" on an undefined value at
/lib/Catalyst/Plugin/Authentication/Store/DBIC/User.pm line 15

  It looks like I need to put something in
  config->authentication->dbic->user_class that supports the 'search'
  method, but I'm having trouble figuring out how I get that.

  Any pointers welcome...

thanks,
john.
--
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough
to take it all away." - Barry Goldwater