[Catalyst] Serve blob files into src="" type tags

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Sat Mar 11 22:31:38 CET 2006

* apv <apv at sedition.com> [2006-03-11 19:15]:
>For 1. I know the file system serves them better but there are
>(as well you know) many reasons why a DB can be superior. And
>I'm planning on writing them out to disk the same way I'm going
>to write out the regular files to disk (talked about doing this
>a couple months ago). They're going to be in the DB for
>better/easier/integral management (modeling).

As a suggestion, and just in case you hadn’t thought of this,
what I do whenever I need to do something like that is put
filenames (or paths) in a table column, instead of making it a
BLOB. Or maybe I use the row ID as the filename, internally. Or
something like that. In any case, the data lives in the
filesystem (usually in a flat directory) and only the metadata is
in the database.

Regards,