[Catalyst] Serve blob files into src="" type tags

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Sat Mar 11 23:04:28 CET 2006

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 13:47:41 -0800, apv wrote:
> Deciding was sort of an agonizing process b/c file stuff is
> *so* easy (especially with Perl) up front but I'm trying to think
> long term. I'm not without doubts still but I *think* this is a
> good design choice.

This should work OK as long as you keep a small cache of some of the
popular files (look for a cache expiry mechanism that is tailored
for byte-hit optimization - LRU might cause many non-common files to
replace some of the more common files).

For the record, in my opinion your reason sounds good enough, just
make sure you're not paying a high price for unnecessary "purity".

Good luck, and maybe post a controller for pseudo files on the CPAN.

 /\  kung foo master: /me does a karate-chop-flip: neeyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!