[Catalyst] Looking For Better Way To Handle SQL LEFT JOIN Situation

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 02:05:04 CET 2006

On 3/11/06, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:
> In CDBI there's two methods I use:
>
> 1) Create a view and a separate class for the view -- that view class
> often inherits from the class the view mostly represents (Server
> class in your example above).
>
> 2) Create custom set_sql as described in Class::DBI::Sweet
>
> I suspect this is even easier with DBIx::Class.
>
> --
> Bill Moseley
> moseley at hank.org

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the input.  I have been going back to study Class::DBI and
I seem to be making progress with the use of a separate class that has
__PACKAGE__->set_sql() in it to manually specify my own "LEFT JOIN"
SQL statement.  I still want to exploring doing this with
Class::DBI::Sweet (as well as check out DBIx::Class), but Class::DBI
seems to be doing the trick so far.

Maybe once I'm done with this project I'll try to extract the relevant
parts as a Catalyst-specific entry for the wiki.

Thanks again,