[Catalyst] html-widget suggestion, or too much DWIM?

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Mon Mar 13 12:41:04 CET 2006

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 10:43:01 +0000, Carl Franks wrote:
> I've got a couple ideas for 'enhancing' the Select element, but I'm
> not sure whether it's in line with most people's expectations.
>
> I suggest that each Select element should automatically get an 'In'
> constraint added, containing each of the possible values from the
> 'options' list.
> e.g. this:
> $w->element( 'Select', 'foo' )->options( 1 => 'monday', 2 => 'tuesday' );

That was the oroginal plan, when I added In, but there weren't
enough hooks. I thought sri waas going to take care of this ;-)

> I imagine this would be applicable for the radio and radiogroup elements, too.

Just radiogroup - radio is inherently ackward for this, since you
can only add the constraint after they've all been added, and you
never know when that is.

> I also suggest that when validating form input, multiple values for a
> Select element should be an error unless the 'multiple' attribute is
> set.

Hmm... Goood point =)

 /\  kung foo master: /methinks long and hard, and runs away: neeyah!!!