[Catalyst] RFC: HTML::Widget::JavaScript

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 19:39:55 CET 2006

On 3/13/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> Have you considered bootstrapping by using one of the form validation JS
> packages off JSAN? I believe beppu put up a demo of the iusethis login form
> redone using his Data.Form.Validator dist.

After I managed to make it work, I started considering how could I improve it.

My plan is to look at the JSAN and try to find something that suits
with the HTML::Widget mindset. I'm not that familiar with JSAN, but I
suppose this is a fairly common situation so there ought to be
something there that manages form validation.

But I'd rather code yet another form validation library if I can't
find something that's similar to what I have in mind (which is:
validation through constraints, a là HTML::Widget style).

I don't if I'm having a mental block or something, but I couldn't find
this Data.Form.Validator dist at the JSAN. So any pointers (i.e.
direct links) would be appreciated. ;-)

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.