[Catalyst] "or die" replacement?

Andreas Jellinghaus aj at ciphirelabs.com
Wed Mar 15 15:04:58 CET 2006

Hi,

so far I wrote my code with max. error checking and
simply inserted "or die" after almost everything I
do.

but "or die" is nice while developing, in the final
application I should used something more userfriendy.

What are your recommendations, how should I replace
my "or die" code? It is important to me to give
some feedback to the user that something went wrong,
and - to be sure - create a proper entry in some
log file, e.g. apache error log (catalyst running
with mod_perl inside apache).

Regards, Andreas