[Catalyst] "or die" replacement?

apv apv at sedition.com
Fri Mar 17 01:27:19 CET 2006

On Thursday, March 16, 2006, at 04:13  PM, Bill Moseley wrote:
>> Very cool idea. I'd love to see this worked up as a plugin or similar
>> :)
>
> Seems like a good idea until you get about 5000 emails some day.
>
> I have an cron script that scans the logs every so often and gathers
> up errors.  One email every 1/2 hour is easier to handle.
In fact I've been thinking about the best way to handle just that
problem.
Haven't come up with it yet. Maybe a .yml "db" of errors received and
mailed
to deduplicate.

I'd also love to generalize it but it's the kind of thing that is hard
for me
to wrap my mind around b/c my own use of it is so "season to taste."
E.g.,
a 503 trumps a 500 and a template based 404.