[Catalyst] issue with Path method not catching '.html' portion

Edric ehankamo at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 18 03:27:59 CET 2006

i have this method as shown here:

 sub index : Path('test.html') {
 }

 i have found that when go to my browser and enter:
 "http://test.internal/test.html"
 i get the following error message:

Couldn't render template "file error - test.html: not found"
 but...

 "http://test.internal/test"
 it works completely fine!

 Below is a snippet of my virtual host conf file

 <VirtualHost *>

 SetEnv O_APPLICATION "default"
 SetEnv O_ENTITY "/etc/entity.conf"
 SetEnv O_DB "/etc/db_connect.conf"

 DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/media

 ServerName test.internal

 <Directory /usr/local/www/media>
 Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews ExecCGI Includes
 DirectoryIndex index.html
 </Directory>

 <Location / >
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler ...
 </Location>

 The only workaround i have so far is doing this:
 __PACKAGE__->config(
         root => '/usr/local/www/media'
 );

 imo this is not an ideal solution... i figure stuff should be taken cared of in my conf file. any idea what my issue is? thanks in advance.