[Catalyst] issue with Path method not catching '.html' portion

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat Mar 18 15:02:43 CET 2006

Edric wrote:
> i have this method as shown here:
>
> sub index : Path('test.html') {
> }
>
> i have found that when go to my browser and enter:
> "http://test.internal/test.html"
> i get the following error message:
>
> |Couldn't render template "file error - test.html: not found"|

Then Template Toolkit can't find test.html in root/ - maybe you want to set
$c->stash->{template} inside your action sub?

> but...
>
> "http://test.internal/test"
> it works completely fine!

Because that doesn't match and action so will fall through to the nearest default.

Path is behaving ezactly as expected; I'm not entirely sure what you're trying
to achieve but I don't think what you're asking Catalyst to do is the same
thing :)