[Catalyst] C:P::FormValidator::Simple and C:P:FillInForm

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 17:17:58 CET 2006

On 3/19/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> Very, very wrong. There's a UNIVERSAL::isa to hack round this as well, which
> Catalyst uses in some places (one day I may go through and clean these out -
> volunteers welcome to help :).
>
> The worst thing about this approach is it completely destroys any chance of
> using a proxy/decorator for an object or a Test::MockObject or similar without
> course it fails to deal with modules that provide an AUTOLOAD plus a custom
> can so not-yet-AUTOLOAD-ed routines work (e.g. Class::Classless)
>
> Calling it as a function has become disturbingly common recently; I suspect
> there were a bunch of examples of it somewhere and it proliferated from there.
> I'm just a correctness psycho :)

I guess I just never thought about it before, really.

When you stop and think about it, you can pretty easily picture many
situations where you'd get terrible breakage, the most obvious and
common example being AUTOLOADed stuff.

I think this behaviour probably traces back to PerlMonks. I know it
shouldn't be like that but sometimes you see code from certain people
and just assume it's good because of their reputation. I think this
practice got widespread this way.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.