[Catalyst] using catalyst as a developer

David Rio Deiros drio at console.net
Tue Mar 21 08:48:12 CET 2006

Hi there,

I would like to know how catalyst developers work with the sources
in order to improve/patch/fix catalyst.

Is this a valid approach?

1. compile/install perl in an specific location. Probably not necessary
   if you have a valid perl distribution.
2. checkout catalyst repository in one of the @INC perl directories.
3. create a test catalyst application that uses the feature you are working
   on.
4. patch/modify code
5. reload application
6. test new feature
7. generate patch and submit to the mailing list/ #catalyst for revision
8. if patch approved it and you have commit privileges, commit changes

Thanks,

David

--
"I probably don't know what I'm talking about."